We are delighted to announce the successful opening of the Premier Inn, Canterbury in December 2013. We designed the full mechanical and electrical services for this new 120 bedroom hotel, which included:
- Hot and cold water design, including a pre-heat system served via an air source heat pump.
- Heat recovery ventilation throughout all bedrooms and front of house areas.
- Kitchen ventilation system.
- Full VRF refrigerant design, including BS EN 378-1 calculations to avoid the requirement of leak detection.
- Grey water recycling system to serve all WCs from bath waste water.
- 15% reduction of CO2 from onsite renewables, which will achieve an annual energy saving of at least 30% compared to conventional design.
A BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating has been targeted, which we expect to confirm shortly.