Complete refurbishment of the existing residential tower block to bring the 55 rooms up to a modern standard.
All services are to be completely removed from the existing 1960?s 14 storey tower.
Summary of the mechanical and electrical services to be installed:
- The campus district heating system will be replaced with new heat exchangers / pumps / controls / distribution system to provide efficient heating to the building.
- Central ventilation system to en-suite pods.
- Automated kitchen extract system to both reduce energy costs and false fire alarms.
- Sprinkler system.
- New DHWS / CWS to each en-suite pod / kitchen.
- Complete new electrical distribution system.
- Lighting scheme throughout the building.
- Fire alarm system.
- Data systems.
- Access control system.
Works to be completed by summer 2013.